Wednesday 18 July 2012

Thirty and Fabulous!

According to what I have read, at thirty you are flirty, dirty and nerdy but most of all...fabulous!  So yes, I think thirty may really be the new twenty and I am finally feeling like in time I may be able to accept that I am now thirty.

Yesterday was my thirtieth birthday and it was wonderful.  I treated myself off-plan at a lunch date with my parents, sister, daughter and nephew.  Then I went to see a chick-flick with my amazing sister (child-free)!  All of that was followed up but yet another Biggest Loser training session, weigh-ins and measurements.

For the first time ever, I had the chance to train with Pedro.  I was feeling very frustrated at the beginning and not sure I would like his style.  I eventually settled in and had one of the most intense workouts since starting the program.  Pedro is like a machine, there really is no stopping for water, to ease the pain or to breathe!  My only frustration by the end was that with the sets of exercises he gave us, he didn't seem to leave enough time for us to complete them all (which I really wanted to be able to accomplish).  I felt a bit rushed from one set to the next.  Pedro has been training for an ironman so clearly he is used to doing everything much quicker than most of us!  I managed to get most of the exercises in and I am very proud of that accomplishment.

After the workout we had to weigh-in.  Because I had a few treats on Sunday and yesterday, I was not expecting much on the scale.  I figured I would just be lucky if it didn't go up!  I was completely blown away when I realized I had lost another 3.4 lbs. That brings me to a total weight loss of 22.6 lbs (which is 7.37% of my total starting weight) in just 5 weeks.  That has bumped me back into 4th place after falling into 6th place two weeks ago!

We finished off the session with measurements and I have taken back my title as the one having lost the most inches to date...43.75 inches.  I am so pleased, and so are my clothes!  It really was the icing on my birthday cake!!

After our session I stayed for an info session about the next Biggest Loser Ottawa #3.  I am applying again because my goal is to lose 150 lbs and I still have a long way to go.  If I am accepted, I will really need all of your help again to try and win my spot based on votes on my video.  When that becomes available I will let you know so that you and everyone you know can begin voting!  The person who won this time had well over 600 votes and I had just over 400.  But this time I will hopefully have a bit more time to aquire the votes to win! 

Tonight was an amazing night out at a restaurant and we got to go in style via limosine!  We learned lots of great tips and tricks for eating out and had a delicious, healthy meal.  The best part was the company I was in.  We had so much fun laughing and a great time was had by all.  I even got to try out both limos because I hitched a ride one way with half of the group and then hopped in the other one our way back.  Everyone is so much fun and I will genuinly miss all of these precious moments in a few months.  But, I believe, many of these friendships will be here to stay so we can continue to drive each other crazy and push each other until we all reach our goals. 

Here is a photo of one of the limos (they were twins).  I know several people took photos of all of us throughout the night so when I get a few I will share them with you!



Stay tuned because this leg of my journey is only half over.  I still have 6 more weeks to go, a make-over in my near future and a whole new journey ahead.

Goodnight and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment