Wednesday 13 June 2012

First Day of the Rest of My Life

Well, today was the first official training session on my journey and it was brutal!  I pushed myself SO hard but I have a long way to go.  The thoughts in my head still seem to be one of my biggest obstacles.  I should be simply proud of everything I am accomplishing.  Instead, I am still comparing myself to what others can do and how much stronger and mobile they are than I am.  But they are supportive and we are all on our own journey.  I have come so far already!!!

I AM proud of what I did today.  I worked hard, sweat hard, breathed hard and now I'm ready to drop hard!

We used medicine balls today (it weighed 20lbs), rubber band chariot races (see photo below of me pulling the trainer), ropes, bungees, jogging and then to cool down we had to walk around a giant pond which was over 1km in length (you can see a small part of it in a photo below).  Considering that just this past Sunday, only 3 days ago, I used my cane and struggled to walk 1km, I did AWESOME!  Tonight it took me a very long time to finish that 1km, I was exhausted and multiple joints were flaring, but I DID IT!  I did it without my cane and I did it after working out hard for 45 minutes prior.  I wore my Walk to Fight Arthritis shirt tonight for some extra mental strength.  I think it will be my new workout shirt to remind me of how far I have come.

I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach, pass out or stop breathing but I survived and lived to tell the tale.  Tomorrow is a new day and will be my first day on the meal plan.  I look forward to it because my options are amazing and the food sounds so yummy.  What I don't look forward to, is more torture tomorrow night at another training session (but you know I'll do it and push through it)!!!

For now, I will leave you with a couple of photos from today so that you can not only hear about my journey, but also watch it progress.



Take care, God bless and Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! It looks and sounds like your already working hard... and starting with the right attitude which is half the battle.

    Every time your mind starts messing with you ignore those voices and push harder, they will soon stop. You can do this! Failure is NOT an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Nigel! The amazing kindness and support people have been showing me has been overwhelming. I'm so moved and humbled by it all. By having so many people keeping an eye on me, I know that I will succeed! And yes, my mind is the worst part. But, it's just another one of those things I have to work on with the rest of my body!

      Delete