Saturday 16 June 2012

Crawling to the Starting Line

Rise and shine!  Our training session was at 9am this morning.  Just last night, I haven't taken that long to get up the stairs to bed (or rely so heavily on the railing) since my worst flare.  I was so sore before even getting to the fitness center this morning, it would have been the equivalent to crawling to the staring line before a race.  Not a great way to start the day and I felt like it would be a weak workout today, but boy was I wrong!  It was a great and very successful session if you ask me...

We had to run back and forth across a section of the parking lot 4 times in a row (so 8 lengths).  I jogged across and actually surprised myself as I turned around to come back and continued in a jog.  My body let me keep up that slow jog for the ENTIRE 8 lengths today!  It was a tough session which focused solely on our lower body.  Not only did I jog the 8 lengths, but I did it AGAIN towards the end of our session!  I can't believe the changes I'm already seeing.  I pushed myself today and my body let me.  I had to avoid the regular burpees because my hands couldn't take the pressure of supporting me on the down part but that was the only really big modification today which was such a small part of the workout.  My ankle and lower back were really sore by the end but I survived!

My schedule was crazy today between the early morning session, getting my daughter to a birthday party in the afternoon and then my daughter's dance recital in the evening.  My meals were good and healthy but I had terrible timing on all of them today.  I suppose sometimes that happens and you just have to move on.

One thing I can say for sure is that change is coming!  My confidence is starting to build and hopefully I will see results on Tuesday when I weigh in for the first time.  On top of that as a surprise twist to this journey, I'm seeing a positive effect on my marriage.  This gift has been a blessing in so many ways I cannot even begin to describe them all.

Another thing I know for sure is that exhausted is the new word I would use to describe myself!  So goodnight, sweet dreams and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment