Thursday 5 July 2012

Overcoming Obstacles

Tonight was our weekly weigh-in and bi-weekly measurements.  They haven't given us the total inches yet but I took a quick look and I'll post the number in my next blog once I know what it is.  I'm disappointed that in some areas I didn't lose anything and some areas very little.  But in a couple of areas I did really well which is great because it makes up for the others.  It's a let-down after the huge numbers I pulled out the last time but there is no way I could continue to lose them as quickly as I did at first.

My biggest disappointment tonight was the weigh-in.  I only lost 0.4 lbs this week.  Yes, I should be pleased that at least it went down (and I am).  Some of the other members pointed out to me that most people hit a wall last week during their third week.  This is only my third week so now it was my turn to hit that wall.  The good news is that most of them pulled good numbers this week so I have high hopes for next week!

Our workout was intense as always but the best part was the seminar afterwards.  We got GREAT information about what to do the day before and the day after an event where we may indulge a bit.  They gave great tips on how to speed up our motabolism that day before and after to compensate for a small (or big) slip.  This is a key element for me seeing as Canada Day just passed and in less than 2 weeks it will be my 30th (OUCH!) birthday.  I may not even indulge on my birthday because we are due for our next measurements and a weigh-in that day.  But at least I can have a plan of action for that following weekend when I DO plan to celebrate (specially since that weekend will also be the beginning of my summer holidays)!

One last make-up session tomorrow night and then I should be back on a somewhat normal schedule with my regular Tuesdays and Thursdays (unless we start to get together more during our free evenings).  I don't do well exercising alone and while I will be off for a month (July 21-August 23) I will be available to do day time workouts, so it's time to start planning those...

Goodnight and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment